Tel. : +33 (0)4 67 04 75 63
French courses for PhD students and researchers hosted in higher education and research institutions located in the Montpellier area
EURAXESS Services Centre in the Languedoc Roussillon/Agropolis International
organises French courses for PhD students and researchers in partnership with Institut Agronomique Méditerranéen de Montpellier (French Centre)
Launched by the European Commission in 2004, the Mobility Centres -renamed Euraxess Services Centres in 2008- are labellised by the French ministry for higher education and research.
The Euraxess Services Centre in Languedoc-Roussillon is managed by Agropolis International; it provides information and services to facilitate the stay of visiting international researchers hosted in higher education institutions and research centres.
French courses are offered in Montpellier to: PhD students, post-docs, researchers and professors registered at Euraxess Centre as «Guest-researchers» who stay over 3 months. They are also available for the spouses.
N.B.: Master students applications will be accepted if there are vacancies. (please write "MASTER" in the box corresponding to FnAK number).
Location : IAMM French Centre – 3191 route de Mende (Montpellier)
BEGINNER: for complete beginners – course: 4 hours per week
ELEMENTARY: for false beginners or similar – course :2 hours per week
INTERMEDIATE: for people who have already attended French courses (20 to 50 hours) – course: 2 hours per week
ADVANCED: for people who have already attended French courses (50 to 80hours) – course: 2 hours per week
HIGHER: for people who have already attended French courses (more than 80 hours) – course: 2 hours per week
The training is based on three main lines: oral and written daily communication (beginners and elementary levels), scientific French and improvement of written language (intermediate, average and higher levels).
For BEGINNERS, the course is scheduled twice a week.
For other levels, the course is scheduled once a week.
Optional WORKSHOPS in GRAMMAR or PHONETICS, in addition to the courses.
1. Evening courses : 23 January – 31 March 2017 (5.30-7.30pm) – 10 weeks
BEGINNER: 4 hours per week (total: 40h) – 240 euros TTC
ELEMENTARY: 2 hours per week (total: 20h) – 120 euros TTC
INTERMEDIATE: 2 hours per week (total: 20h) – 120 euros TTC
ADVANCED : 2 hours per week (total: 20h) – 120 euros TTC
HIGHER : 2 hours per week (total: 20h) – 120 euros TTC
1) On the pre-enrolment form, it is required to mention your « Guest-researcher » membership (FnAK/Euraxess number); if you did not apply for it, fill in the corresponding online form first : https://www.fnak.fr/inscription/?lang=en
Important : please indicate phone number and email of the head of the hosting laboratory or person in charge of your stay. Confirmation message and your « Guest-researcher » will be sent by email.
The payment for the training will be required the day of the placement tests or after confirmation of your registration, to be paid directly to the French Centre - IAM.M*,The training fee may be paid by the host lab (order or bill to be sent to IAM.M -
Contact for payment: email@example.com
1) Pre-enrolment on line is required FOR ALL CANDIDATES (on line form) – each candidate will receive a message with information about the group he/she belongs to and the corresponding schedule AFTER PLACEMENT TESTS session.
2) Appointments for CONFIRMATION of enrolment and PLACEMENT TESTS (at Centre de français - IAMM* - : Room 25 Bâtiment B)
- for “complete beginners": Monday 16 January 2017 at 9.30am (interview with training team)
- for "non beginners" who have NEVER attended courses at Centre de Français- IAMM, PLACEMENT TEST IS MANDATORY: Monday 16 January 2017 at 10am (sharp) – tests will end around 11.30am.
3) NO PLACEMENT TEST is required for "non beginners" who have ALREADY attended courses at Centre de Français- IAMM, they will go to the next level but the candidates must pre-enrol on line in order to be registered in a group and receive the corresponding schedule by email.
Please note: The day of the placement tests, please bring: 1 PHOTO and PAYMENT (cash or cheque, or an order from hosting laboratory)
Centre de français – Institut Agronomique Méditerranéen de Montpellier, 3191 route de Mende – Montpellier - Appointments and placement tests: Salle 25/Room 25 - Bâtiment B.
How to get there:
Bus : at tramway stop "Universités ", take Bus "Navette Agropolis" via Plan des 4 Seigneurs, get off at stop "Lycée F. Bazille" (walk down Route de Mende for a few minutes, then cross the road when you see IAMM gates)
Bus : à l'arrêt de tramway "Universités", prenez le Bus «Navette Agropolis » via Plan des 4 Seigneurs, descendez à l’arrêt "Lycée F. Bazille" (marchez sur la Route de Mende pendant quelques minutes, puis traversez la route pour entrer dans l’IAMM)
Update on 16/12/15
Tel. : +33 (0)4 67 04 75 63
Extrait du site http://www.agropolis.fr/practical/newfle2.php